Liberty International Underwriters (LIU) is the global specialty risks division of Boston-based Liberty Mutual Insurance. LIU Asia Pacific (APAC) is one of the most dynamic and responsive insurers in the Asia Pacific region. The Sydney head office was established in 1999, and today, LIU APAC also has offices in Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia.
LIU APAC offers specialist commercial lines insurance and reinsurance, with core products in Casualty, Professional & Financial Risks, Marine, Energy, Property, Construction, Crisis Management, Environmental Liability, Exploration and Production, Aviation, Surety, Accident & Health and Global Financial Risk insurance.
What sets LIU apart?
- What sets us apart in this competitive industry? We maintain a multidisciplinary team - underwriters, risk engineers and claims and actuarial professionals – who work together, side-by-side, to assess and support our clients’ needs and to provide bespoke solutions to meet those needs.
- Our underwriters have extensive experience and local market knowledge and they have the authority to make decisions, and to act on them. They work with our clients and brokers to gain an in-depth understanding of their insurance needs, and they create bespoke solutions to suit.
- Our risk engineers add significant value. They work with clients to identify and appraise risk, and offer practical suggestions for risk mitigation and loss control.
- Our claims professionals often work with clients from the outset. They work closely with the underwriters to solve problems, and they aim to pay valid claims without delay.
- As part of a mutual, we have one primary stakeholder: the policyholder. As a result, we have only one focus: to remain financially stable in order to be able to pay our policyholders’ claims. Backed by the financial strength of our parent company, and with our proven track record, experience and stability, we are confident in our ability to do just that.
About Liberty Mutual
LIU has the financial backing of its parent company, Liberty Mutual Insurance, a Fortune 100 company that has been in business since 1912. Today, with more than 50,000 personnel in 800 offices across 30 countries, Liberty Mutual is the third largest property and casualty insurer in the United States, with a Standard and Poor ‘A’ rating.