Apply Now Location: Sydney
Job Type: Permanent
Job Area: Accident and Health (A&H)
Applications Close: 03.10.2018
Liberty International Underwriters (LIU), offers specialty and commercial line insurance and reinsurance across Asia Pacific.
Find out what it takes to be part of a global Fortune 100 company that exists to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow.
- Global company
- Teamwork culture
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Career development opportunities
We are looking for a dynamic Assistant Underwriter that is keen to be involved in wide scope of business development and marketing underwriting responsibilities working alongside a strong and high performing A&H team. This role reports to the VP- APAC, Accident and Health based in Sydney.
If you are a FRESH GRADUATE and seeking to gain business development, marketing and underwriting experience in the commercial insurance industry, then this is a wonderful opportunity.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with brokers and clients to facilitate the marketing and sale and training of the Liberty International Underwriters brand and products.
- Utilizing Accident and Health B2B portal to facilitate distribution and growth of portfolio.
- Reviewing, rating and underwriting target new business and renewal business in line with LIU’s quality selection and adequate pricing guidelines.
- Developing and executing selling and negotiation strategies to ensure contribution to the profitability of assigned specialty product line(s).
- Ensuring that brokers and clients receive a high level of underwriting service that differentiates LIU from its competitors. Managing the portfolio to ensure growth and retention;
- Ensuring premium payments are received and discrepancies investigated in a timely manner by referring to Debtors report from Finance department;
- Providing input where possible into product development and marketing plans including market research, competitor analysis, product design and geographic/segment focus.
- Reviewing and negotiating policy terms and conditions including assisting with the production of manuscript policy wordings and endorsements.
- In conjunction with other more senior Underwriting employees represent LIU at industry social events, conferences and other relevant market related presentations
- Communicating with other product line Underwriters in order to leverage cross-selling opportunities and deliver a complete service to the broker and clients.
- Building the LIU Brand and own profile within the market.
Your Key Qualifications and Soft skills
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline would be desirable with HSC (or equivalent) being essential. Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Previous relevant experience in the General (non-Life) Insurance industry and in an aligned role with a broker/ insurance company is preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge of PC based systems and applications such as Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database systems for managing contacts, schedules and calendars is required.
- Strong relationship building, selling and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive for results and focus on outcomes with sound decision making skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Has good business, financial and market acumen awareness/understanding.
Does this role sound like you or know someone great? If so, then we would love to hear from you.
APPLY or REFER someone now, by sending us an email to email@example.com.
Please include your updated resume and we will take it from there