Apply Now Location: Kuala Lumpur | Malaysia
Job Type: Full Time
Job Area: Processing Services Team
Applications Close: 10.02.2019
Liberty International Underwriters, offers specialty and commercial line insurance and reinsurance across Asia Pacific.
Find out what it takes to be part of a global Fortune 100 company that exists to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow.
- Global company
- Teamwork culture
- Competitive salary and benefits
We are looking for an experienced Developer to be part of our Technology team. You must been keen to work in the general insurance and re-insurance industry with most of your time spent analysing, supporting and developing Microsoft based applications.
This 12-month contract role reports to the Application Services Manager.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Analysing, supporting and developing Microsoft based applications utilising Excel User Interface (with extensive knowledge of writing formulas, using functions, conditional formatting etc.) and writing macros (VBA);
- Expertise in using SQL as back-end database, including hands-on experience in writing complex Stored Procedures / Queries / Functions;
- Business process modelling where you will document and model AS-IS and TO BE business processes;
- Business problem identification, analysis and resolution as required;
- Engaging the business to elicit and accurately document business, functional and technical requirements;
- Identifying, documenting and engaging peers and Global IT teams where required, in providing solution options and recommendations to business requirements;
- Documenting and executing test plans and test scripts, and where required facilitating business testing;
- Identifying and providing recommendations on improvements that can be made to the Regional IT, Global IT and AP business' systems and processes;
- Management of IT application projects including development and delivery of project plans, identification and management of project issues and risks, completion and distribution of project status reports.
Your Key Qualifications and Soft skills
- Previous 1-2 years work experience in the commercial or General (Non-life) Insurance industry will be an advantage;
- Professional IT qualifications (ITIL Certification) is required;
- Advanced Excel UI skills, writing macros (in Visual Basic for Applications) and handling databases (SQL, Access or equivalent) will be an added advantage;
- Knowledge of Underwriting systems or Raters is preferred;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, Outlook) and exposure to SharePoint / InfoPath or other Electronic workflow solution will be highly regarded;
- Advanced knowledge of IT concepts and frameworks and competent understanding of Agile development practices is needed;
- Possess knowledge of TFS/JIRA or equivalent to manage code and project/production support activities;
- Able to prioritise in accordance with the business’ needs and has good time management abilities;
- Must have the ability to build solid relationships, focused on outcomes and results oriented;
- Able to influence others and able to work autonomously;
- High attention to detail, with problem solving ability and analytical mindset;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
Does this role sound like you or know someone great? If so, then we would love to hear from you.
** Agencies, we have this covered **