Apply Now Location: Singapore
Job Type: Permanent
Job Area: Claims
Applications Close: 31.08.2018
Liberty International Underwriters offers specialty and commercial line insurance and reinsurance across Asia Pacific.
Find out what it takes to be part of a global Fortune 100 company that exists to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow.
- Global company.
- Teamwork culture.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Career development opportunities.
- Works with minimal supervision, pro-actively handles a book of specialty lines and Fast Track claims, throughout the entire claim life cycle and manage claims for the Marine sector.
- Conducts investigations, recommending adequate reserves, monitor, documenting, and settling/closing claims in an expeditious and economical manner within prescribed authority limits for the line of business.
- Interpreting policy coverage and determining if coverage applies to claims submitted.
- Managing and adjusting all incoming insurance claims for relevant business line, delegating administrative/ processing tasks to the Technical Assistant Pool where appropriate.
- Establishing and setting reserves for indemnity and expense claims, reviewing reserves on a regular basis to ensure adequacy.
- Authorizing payments in accordance with internal processes and within scope of authority, settling claims as expeditiously and economically as possible.
- Ensuring that internal and external stakeholders and LIU clients consistently receive a high level of claims service that differentiates LIU from its competitors.
- Managing the overall quality and performance of external service providers.
- Actively pursuing all avenues of recovery including, but not limited to timely subrogation activities.
- Preparing files for suit, trial or subrogation where necessary.
- Participating directly in mediation/ arbitration meetings and actively participating in settlement discussions.
- Providing information to management on the existence or development of critical losses and advising relevant trends within the portfolio.
- Working closely with other business lines in raising the LIU profile and assisting in account retention and new business opportunities.
- Working closely with the underwriting department to promote LIU’s “integrated business unit approach” and ensure seamless delivery of underwriting and claims management services.
- Identifying suspicious or potentially fraudulent claims, arranging investigation and briefing senior managers if further action is recommended.
Qualifications and Soft Skills
- At least 10-12 years’ relevant working experience and a tertiary qualifications in a related discipline would be desirable
- Significant previous claims management experience in the insurance industry and marine sector is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and apply legal principles to the management of claims.
- Excellent working knowledge of PC based systems and applications such as Outlook, Microsoft Word,
- Excel, PowerPoint and database systems for managing contacts, schedules and calendars is required.
- High level of attention to details and has efficient time management abilities.
- Highly proficient relationship building skills and is a strong communicator.
- Sound business acumen and influencing abilities.
- Analytical, meticulous and works well in a team environment.
- Highly developed decision making, negotiations and strong presentation skills.
Does this role sound like you or know someone great? If so, then we would love to hear from you.
APPLY or REFER someone now, by sending us an email to email@example.com.
Please include your updated resume and we will take it from there.