Apply Now Location: Sydney | Melbourne | Brisbane
Applications Close: 02.07.2018
Liberty International Underwriters offers specialty and commercial line insurance and reinsurance across Asia Pacific.
Find out what it takes to be part of a global Fortune 100 company that exists to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow
- Global company
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Career development opportunities
- Team-work culture
- Providing front-end legal support across: Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong and Malaysia (Liberty APAC).
- Reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts and Deeds including: third party service providers, IT, data sharing/storing, outsourcing, broker, distribution and agency agreements, licence arrangements, and confidentiality deeds.
- Advise on commercial law issues including: privacy, third party data providing services/cloud computing, Competition and Consumer Laws, Corporations Law, Intellectual Property, Copyright, GST, Stamp Duty and Contract Law.
- Advise on financial services laws and regulations.
- Advise on insurance laws and regulations (including broker agreements, cancellations, policy wordings and endorsements).
- Keep abreast of legislative and regulatory changes.
- Providing Legal support to the business, including underwriting, IT, claims and marketing to develop differentiation, assisting in account retention, research and development.
- Review and advise on marketing materials.
- Refine processes to enhance workflow efficiency and develop precedents.
- Represents Liberty APAC in complex legal and business transactions, generally with minimal supervision.
- Assist the VP Legal & Company Secretarial in workflow management across Liberty APAC.
- Analysing Liberty APAC’s legal and corporate risk, and offering alternatives and recommendations as required.
- Act as Privacy Officer and Data Breach Officer for Liberty APAC.
Qualifications & Soft Skills
- Holds a Bachelor of Laws with minimum 7 years PQE front-end law experience in a law firm or at least 5 years in-house (Not suitable for litigators).
- Possess strong stakeholder engagement abilities, providing solutions and advising on-the-spot/real-time.
- Able to navigate successfully in a fast paced environment and keen to gain exposure to various types of contracts and varied areas of commercial laws across APAC.
- Knowledge of insurance laws and regulations.
- Is able to identify issues immediately and dissect legal from the commercial.
- Able to prioritise in accordance with the business’ needs and legal team’s goals and resources.
- Is highly organised with strong negotiation and presentation skills
- Has the ability to drive results and focus on outcomes.
- Must be a clear and concise communicator.
- Excellent working knowledge of PC based systems and applications such as Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database systems for managing contacts, schedules and calendars is required.
If you believe you can make a positive contribution to our team and want to be part of Liberty’s exciting future, we would love to hear from you.
Please click APPLY NOW and attach your resume.
Agencies – We’ve got this covered!