Senior Risk Engineer - Energy, Property, Construction
Apply Now Location: Sydney
Job Type: Permanent
Job Area: Energy, Property, Construction
Applications Close: 25.08.2017
- Global company
- Competitive salary package
- Career development opportunities
- Teamwork culture
- Sydney based
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Energy Property & Construction team as a Senior Risk Engineer reporting to the Assistant Vice President, Risk Engineering - EPC. This is a permanent role commencing as soon as possible and is based in Sydney.
About the role - you will be responsible for:
- Plans, organises and performs desk based risk appraisals for assigned lines of business(s) to provide risk analysis information to Underwriters. Amongst other things, the risk appraisal process includes preparation of a plant/process/product description, assessment of plant/process/product design, hazards and adequacy of mitigation measures, assessment of management systems/procedures and plant protection facilities, and loss estimate calculations.
- Conducts on-site risk engineering surveys for existing and prospective Clients, as required by Underwriters. Produces either a brief summary report for internal use or a detailed marketing risk engineering survey report for Underwriters, Brokers, or the Client, as required by LIU guidelines.
- Assumes ownership for allocated accounts including attendance on surveys, follow-up of key recommendations and ensuring that risk engineering information on file is up to date.
- Provides technical input on claims including the review of claims reports and site visits to identify areas for claims mitigation and recommendations for improvement based on current risk engineering practices, policies and lessons learned. These recommendations are to be communicated to other Engineers/Underwriters and will provide the basis for future improvements of risk engineering policies, procedures and technical resources.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of the assigned lines of business(s) including process technology, loss prevention, construction and other related issues that may impact the underwriting decision making process or LIU profitability. The job holder is required to actively pursue continued professional development in order to develop and maintain knowledge in these areas.
- Participates in business development and marketing activities for assigned lines of business(s).
- Assists in the development of relevant procedures and documents such as guidelines, instructions and technical alerts.
- Working closely with claims department, Underwriters and all other key internal stakeholders to promote LIU’s “integrated business unit approach” and ensure seamless delivery of risk engineering services.
About you - you will have:
- Technical risk engineering skills
- Advanced relationship building skills
- Advanced verbal and written communications and presentation skills
- Advanced decision making skills
- Advanced ability to drive for results and focus on outcomes
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong business, financial and market acumen awareness/understanding
- Ability to shape business model and philosophy
- Strong commitment to the LIU business operating model including ‘Managing the Cycle’
- Strong interpersonal and emotional intelligence skills
- Significant relevant experience in the General (non Life) Insurance industry preferable
- Significant relevant experience in an aligned role with a background in one of the following areas in a managerial, technical or consultancy role: Operations, Maintenance, Process Engineering, Loss Prevention, Construction, Risk Management or Project Management
- Bachelors of Science degree in a technical discipline, such as Chemical, Process, Electrical, Mechanical, Civil Engineering or equivalent, with registration as a Chartered Professional Engineer or equivalent preferred
If you believe you can make a positive contribution to our team, and want to be a part of LIU’s exciting future, please apply now – we would love to hear from you.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE