Senior Underwriter, Commercial Property – Sydney
Apply Now Location: Sydney
Job Type: Permanent
Job Area: Energy, Property, Construction
Applications Close: 01.12.2017
- Global company
- Competitive salary package
- Career development opportunities
- Teamwork culture
- Sydney based
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Energy Property & Construction team as a Senior Underwriter reporting to the National Commercial Property Manager. This is a permanent role commencing as soon as possible and is based in Sydney.
About the role – you will be responsible for:
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with brokers and clients to facilitate the marketing and sale and training of the LIU brand and products.
- Reviewing, rating and underwriting target new business and renewal business in line with LIU’s quality selection and adequate pricing guidelines.
- Executing selling and negotiation strategies to ensure profitability of assigned specialty product line(s).
- Ensuring brokers/clients receive a high level of service that differentiates LIU from its competitors.
- Communicating with other product line Underwriters in order to leverage cross-selling opportunities and deliver a complete service to the broker and client.
- Ensuring premium payments are received and discrepancies investigated in a timely manner by referring to Debtors report from Finance department;
- Managing the portfolio to ensure growth and retention;
- Providing input into product development and marketing plans including market research, competitor analysis, product design and geographic/segment focus.
- Reviewing and negotiating policy terms and conditions including assisting with the production of manuscript policy wordings and endorsements.
- Participating in the execution of marketing plans.
- Representing LIU at industry social events, conferences and other relevant market related presentations.
- Compile and present training to brokers and industry stakeholders on relevant topics as required.
- Strengthening the LIU Brand and own profile within the market development more strategic relationships.
- Working closely with claims department, risk management and all other key internal stakeholders to promote LIU’s “integrated business unit approach” and ensure seamless delivery of underwriting services.
- Providing input into the financial and strategic planning process relative to the product line.
- Acting as a referral point to other relevant employees within the department.
- Contributing to an effective team environment by interacting professionally with all team members and providing development, support and assistance as required.
- Updating and maintaining various logs and preparing reports as required.
- Continuing to seek improvement of the product and of self by the continuous improvement of practices and processes.
About you - you will possess the following competencies and experience:
- Technical Underwriting Skills
- Advanced relationship building skills
- Advanced verbal and written communications and presentation skills
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Advanced selling skills
- Advanced decision making skills
- Advanced ability to drive for results and focus on outcomes
- Strong analytical skills
- Significant previous relevant experience in the General (non-Life) Insurance industry.
- Significant previous relevant experience in an aligned role with a broker or insurance company.
- Excellent working knowledge of PC based systems and applications such as Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database systems for managing contacts, schedules and calendars is required.
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline would be desirable.
If you believe you can make a positive contribution to our team, and want to be a part of LIU’s exciting future, please apply now – we would love to hear from you.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE