Apply Now Location: Singapore
Job Type: Permanent
Job Area: War and Terrorism
Applications Close: 30.06.2018
Liberty International Underwriters offers specialty and commercial line insurance and reinsurance across Asia Pacific.
Find out what it takes to be part of a global Fortune 100 company that exists to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow
- Global company
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Career development opportunities
- Team-work culture
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with brokers and clients to facilitate the marketing, sale and training of the Liberty brand and products.
- Reviewing, rating and underwriting target new business and renewal business in line with Liberty’s quality selection and adequate pricing guidelines.
- Executing selling and negotiation strategies of the Terrorism and War product to ensure profitability of this assigned specialty product line.
- Ensuring brokers/clients receive a high level of service that differentiates Liberty from its competitors.
- Communicating with other product line Underwriters in order to leverage cross-selling opportunities and deliver a complete service to the broker and client.
- Ensuring premium payments are received and discrepancies investigated in a timely manner by referring to Debtors report from Finance department;
- Providing input into product development and marketing plans including market research, competitor analysis, product design and geographic/segment focus.
- Reviewing and negotiating policy terms and conditions including assisting with the production of manuscript policy wordings and endorsements.
- Representing Liberty at industry social events, conferences and other relevant market related presentations.
- Compile and present training to brokers and industry stakeholders on relevant topics as required.
- Strengthening the Liberty Brand and own profile within the market development more strategic relationships.
- Working closely with claims department, risk management and all other key internal stakeholders to promote Liberty’s “integrated business unit approach” and ensure seamless delivery of underwriting services.
- Providing input into the financial and strategic planning process relative to the product line.
Qualifications and Soft Skills
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline would be desirable
- Significant previous relevant experience in the General (non-Life) Insurance industry or in an aligned role with a broker or insurance company.
- Advanced level of marketing and business development experience.
- Strong business, financial and market acumen awareness/understanding
- Excellent working knowledge of PC based systems and applications such as Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Advanced verbal, written communications and presentation skills
- Strong negotiation and relationship building skills.
- Sound ability to drive for results and focus on outcomes.
- Strong business, financial and market acumen awareness/understanding.
- This role includes extensive travel within the APAC region.
How to apply:
If you believe you can make a positive contribution to our team and want to be part Liberty’s exciting future we would love to hear from you.
Please click APPLY NOW and attach your CV