Underwriting Assistant, Casualty
Apply Now Location: Sydney
Job Type: Permanent
Job Area: Casualty
Applications Close: 26.05.2017
- Global company
- Competitive salary package
- High performance team culture
Our Sydney Casualty team is now recruiting for an Underwriting Assistant. This busy role will assist with the administration of the division’s portfolio and provide technical clerical support to our team of Underwriters.
About the role – you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring our Underwriters are provided with technical and administrative support in the process of reviewing, rating and underwriting target new business and renewal business;
- Providing underwriting support by logging and clearing submissions, ensuring accurate premium booking, ensuring policy and endorsement issuance to brokers is completed accurately and according to timelines, ensuring premium payments are received;
- Handling internal and external correspondence with brokers, clients, suppliers, vendors and other LIU teams (underwriting, claims, risk management and other key staff) to ensure seamless delivery of underwriting services.
About you - you will have:
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role with a broker or insurance company;
- Strong ability to learn new systems with proven technical skills;
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills;
- Proven ability to work to deadlines and handle multiple tasks within a high performance work environment;
- Ability to be a self-starter and a flexible and positive team player;
- High level of professionalism and proven client-servicing skills; and
- Excellent working knowledge of PC-based systems and applications such as Outlook, Word (strong and demonstrable skills) and Excel (intermediate level), and database systems.
If you believe you can make a positive contribution to our team, and want to be a part of LIU’s exciting future, please apply now – we would love to hear from you.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE